Error - Saba 5.5 on IE8, Firefox 3,6 and Safari 4.04

A place to rant and rave (and to help each other out)

Moderator: Forum moderators

Error - Saba 5.5 on IE8, Firefox 3,6 and Safari 4.04

Postby Francisco Balderrama » Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:10 am

Hi, i have some problems between browsers using SABA 5.5 and SCORM content version 1.2, using IE8 the content is visualized and the comunication with the plataform is ok, with Firefox the content is visualized, but the SCO's don't complete, with Safari only the SCO that is launched when the course loads is visualized, when i go to other SCO the player doesn't load the content, and only a message appears "Wait the course is launching", if i try to return to the first SCO, the first one launched when i open the course, this one can't launch, the same message "Wait the course is launching" remains on the screen and the content never show up.

Anyone know how to fix this? :cry: , i appreciate the help.

Thanks
Francisco Balderrama

Re: Error - Saba 5.5 on IE8, Firefox 3,6 and Safari 4.04

Postby Clif » Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:57 am

Francisco, try this:
Using Firefox, get up to the point you can click launch, but before actually launching the content, click Tools > Error Console > Clear (leave the Error Console window open) then launch the content. When you get to the point the content doesn't load, go back to the Error Console window and click on Errors (don't be concerned with messages or warnings).

If you have any errors that you need help with, post them here.
Clifford Hopwood
BSA HDS Academy
----------------------
Saba 5.5 on Oracle
Clif
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Postby aaltieri » Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:06 am

We have a dedicated content server that is at a different IP address (internal IP) from the app cluster. So we had many of the same issues.

We solved this by using the the 3x/5.1 Compatibility Template. This may not solve your issue, as our set up may be different. But it is easy enough to test.

I hate content issues. They go from easy to buried in the depths of hell way too quickly!

--anthony
aaltieri
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Postby Francisco Balderrama » Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:49 am

Thanks Cliff and aaltieri, i tried the error console, and no errors found, i tried player 3x/5.1, and still nothing, now the only problem is Firefox, Safari is fine, at certain point, i loaded the course to SumTotal 8.2 that supports Safari on Snow Leopard and the content is ok, so it's a problem with Saba configuratión, but, in the case of firefox, our client's computers can show the content, we have the same configuratión, so, it's maybe the machines that we have here or something in the net, i just don't know i'm already confused. :?:

I appreciate your help
Francisco Balderrama

Postby Clif » Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:35 am

Francisco,
The next step I would take, in magnitude of simplicity, is to view Saba's content communications log. This is available through the content administration menu role. It shows the communications between the API and the LMS.

You could also do an html/ip trace using a program such as Wireshark or Charles, but analyzing this will likely take a lot of time, so I don't recommend it unless the results of the above communications log lead you to suspect something is suspicious between the client and the LMS.

Also, what tool was used to produce the content? You may want to search here and elsewhere for known issues with that.
Clifford Hopwood
BSA HDS Academy
----------------------
Saba 5.5 on Oracle
Clif
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Return to Errors and Issues